How does Oxygen Therapy Treatment work?
Oxygen therapy consists of a treatment used to compensate for the lack of oxygen in the blood or body. This can occur due to some diseases such as COPD or pulmonary fibrosis. It is important to carry out medical follow-up to understand the best treatment for you.
VitalAire's Role in Treatment
One of the main anxieties of patients who receive the news that they will have to undergo treatment with home oxygen therapy is whether, as a result, they will lose the ability to perform day-to-day tasks.
This is really a matter of extreme importance for us at VitalAire, as we want to deliver quality of life to our customers.
With this in mind, we develop solutions that allow the patient to have mobility, so as not to miss the best that life has to offer.
With medical consent, the patient can and should work, do outdoor activities and even travel. The main airlines allow the use of portable oxygen concentrators during flights, it is important to pay attention to approved equipment models.
Oxygen Therapy Service
Oxygen treatment is initially prescribed by a doctor. Following this prescription, VitalAire guarantees safety and care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in addition to offering the best services and oxygen therapy devices on the market.
Home care or the oxygen therapy program requests the delivery of all the medical devices necessary for your oxygen therapy treatment, and it is important to address the following topics:
- Preliminary security assessments to verify that the residence has the necessary equipment;
- Continued education and monitoring in the use of equipment and treatment to ensure a service that adapts to your daily life and lifestyle;
- Home care by specialized health professionals;
- Titration for use of portable oxygen concentrator;
- Preventive and corrective technical assistance services.
The service of prolonged home oxygen therapy (greater than or equal to 3 months) differs depending on the oxygen source:
- The oxygen concentrator is a compressor that captures oxygen from the ambient air (consisting mainly of nitrogen). These oxygen compressors can be stationary or mobile (more compact) and require a power supply (batteries for portable concentrators). The choice of concentrator type is made in consultation with your prescribing physician;
- Gaseous oxygen.
What benefits can oxygen therapy treatment provide?By restoring a sufficient level of oxygen in your blood, you can improve your quality of life by:
- Improved tiredness every day
- Gain more energy
- Increased walking distance
- Stay more active and less breathless with exertion
- Develop autonomy
- Sleep better
- Regain your appetite and gain weight
- Prevent memory problems
- Improve concentration and reduce mood swings